Clearsilver List Archive (CSLA) v0.2
CSLA is currently in Alpha and is open source under the BSD license. It has a bunch of nice features, including:
- no-frames, frames, and iframes display modes (in prefs)
- stores messages in RAW format (never butcher the content!)
- metadata in sqlite3 and optional text-index
- fast rendering, with intermediate data caching (index,
message parse, etc)
- configuration allows easy control of header and colors, and templates
allow more detailed control of the page.
- By-Month posting volume display
- Post-Count by Author and Author Search
- full-text search with word proximity and context snippits
- blog-style recent posts with RSS feeds
- Fuzzy Subject/Date Thread building (for mailers which are
broken and don't support In-reply-to)
- Handles really-long threads without breaking.
- Many different browse styles: 'View Thread',
'View Month' (click on Month Number),
'New Threads', etc..
- message rendering tries to make sensible decisions to make most
email messages readable in html.
- Full MIME message parsing with Attachment decoding, including
in-line image display.
- Timezone setting with display of local and raw date
- Minimalist thread information display which elimintates
repetitive subject lines.
- optional server-side read/unread tracking (no login required)
- quote-hiding to avoid quoted text cluttering the reading experience
You can discuss CSLA on the clearsilver mailing list.
David Jeske - davidj (at) gmail.com
Brandon Long - blong (at) fiction.net
Scott Hassan - hassan (at) dotfunk.com
We'd appreciate any comments and feedback you have on the
archive interface. Please send them to davidj (at) gmail.com.
For the curious, CSLA is written in Python
Clearsilver Templating System. Search is currently
provided using Swish-E.